Saturday, December 31, 2022

River of Dreams

JLC “A River of Dreams..” In reply to Andrew McCoy's " A Coy Mistress" For loves winged victories, I have loved you a thousand years more, Even when the seas split the shores, For my isles of reality are among, Ancient rivers and starry dreams. For when the stars shine above, The oceans do sing with a heavenly love, There in the fairest of valleys I find thee, My long lost and truly beloved From the beginning until the end of time. We are of the same earth, And of the same rhyme, Each of us a gem, The earth our placeholder, Where the keys to the universe, Are found in selflessness, Only then you will know, How much you are loved, Through seemingly eternal cycles, Or at the gates, I ask how often do we live, Someone else’s or yesterdays dreams? Be it starlit or long lost I see that, Glory lives only in the heart! True by this, Your gates shall chide.

No comments:

Post a Comment